World Rugby U20s Championship, Junior Wallabies team to take on Ireland U20s
1. Angus Bell, Sydney University
2. Lachlan Lonergan, Tuggeranong Vikings
3. Josh Nasser, University of Queensland
4. Michael Wood, Brothers
5. Trevor Hosea, Harlequins Rugby Club
6. Harry Wilson, Brothers
7. Fraser McReight (c), Brothers
8. Will Harris, Eastern Suburbs
9. Michael McDonald, Palmyra
10. Will Harrison, Randwick
11. Mark Nawaqanitawase, Eastwood
12. Noah Lolesio, Tuggeranong Vikings
13. Semisi Tupou, Box Hill
14. Triston Reilly, AU7s/Randwick
15. Isaac Lucas, Sunnybank
16. Joe Cotton, Wests Bulldogs
17. Bo Abra, Eastern Suburbs
18. Darcy Breen, Sydney University
19. Rhys Van Nek*, Easts
20. Esei Ha’angana, Melbourne Unicorns
21. Nick Frost, Queanbeyan Whites
22. Carlo Tizzano, University of Western Australia
23. Pat Tafa, Northern Suburbs
24. Henry Robertson, Sydney University
25. Ben Donaldson, Randwick
26. Kye Oates, University of Queensland
27. Joey Walton, Gordon
28. Sione Tui, Melbourne Unicorns
*Denotes uncapped player
Junior Wallabies Head Coach, Jason Gilmore has named an unchanged team ahead of their match against reigning Six Nations Champions Ireland, on Saturday night.
The side boasts leading try scorer Lachlan Lonergan as well as sevens speedster Triston Reilly who were a part of the team’s 36-12 defeat of the Italian U20s.
Queensland Reds backrower Fraser McReight has also retained the captaincy as the squad look to continue their impressive start to the tournament.
The World Rugby U20s Championship trialling match day squads of 28 players to further player welfare, after an initial trial during the Oceania Championship. Coaches will still be limited to the normal eight substitutions but will now be able to select these replacements from an extended 13-man bench.
Junior Wallabies Head Coach, Jason Gilmore said: “Following our match against Italy, we’ve gone through our reviews and we’ll look to build for our match against Ireland.
“Ireland had a strong opening match against England. We are looking forward to the game and our boys will be up for another opportunity.
“We had a solid hit-out against Italy and the group we want to continue building momentum,” Gilmore said.
The match kicks off at 11.30pm on Saturday 8 June and will be broadcast LIVE on FOX SPORTS and Kayo Sports.